The man who is tenacious of purpose
In a rightful cause
Is not shaken from his firm resolve
By the frenzy of his fellow citizens
Clamoring for what is wrong
Nor by the tyrants
Threatening countenance.

Profile
Deathstrike
21 years
I want to be remembered by my laugh

Friends
Mats08
Decaffein8d
Blleu
Klaypeene
Mighty
Psykik4
Yacel
Rumeyt
Princess Di

Places I Go
UP System
Friendster
Yahoo!
Inquirer
Philippine Star

Archives
July 2004 | August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | April 2005 |

Freedom Wall


Credits
Designed By Serena
Blogger
Blogskins

KEM Opening Ceremonies

It was a very successful event... at least for me. Seeing Florentino SIlayan in person was enough for me to justify my nth absence in Chem 31. I arrived at the Engineering Theater a few minutes past 10:00 am, but there are still only a handful of KEMers around. I was a bit disappointed by the fact that some did not seem to care if the event will not push through as planned, but I was more irritated when I saw that devil alumnus, that traitor, talking to the KEM's founding president. He should not have been there in the first place since he blatantly disowned the organization years ago. He just did not fit in the picture.

The program started at 10:30 am with the invocation of the KEM Choir. It was a heart-warming opening, and I felt that the KEMers were very excited with the speeches that will follow. It was Dr. Chu who started the words rolling, and I am very sure that he did really prepare his speech, if only he could deliver his speech in a better way possible. Prof. De Leon was next, and I believe that she was proud of the organization. She surely did keep the flames ablaze in the members' hearts with her strong words for the organization.

The last speaker, and definitely the most awaited, was Florentino Silayan himself... in the flesh, still alive, and very much a KEMer in actions and in words. The crowd just could not resist to give him a standing ovation as he walked towards the podium. As he spoke, I told myself "No doubt KEM is this good...". And I am just happy that he founded the organization for the right reason.

Just like all the organization's activities, there is no better conclusion to the event than a photo session at the engineering lobby.

6 Comments:

Blogger twisted-mind said...

uy professor ko ba ngayon yung tinutukoy mong traitor???

5:40 AM  
Blogger Richelle said...

onga siya ba??

yung entry mo konti na lang pwede mo nang isubmit sa kemfolio.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Basurero said...

yep, i think you know him very well. Im really glad I was not under him this sem.

8:41 PM  
Blogger twisted-mind said...

^kasi kung under ka pa rin sa kanya di pa tapos 133 mo, katulad namin waaaaaaaaaaaa

5:46 AM  
Blogger Basurero said...

onga... at least nakabawas ng tinik sakin.hehe.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!baka pd nyo nmn akong bgyan adres ni mr.silayan my info ba kyo sa adres nya?Thanks hope you cuold help us ...

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home