The man who is tenacious of purpose
In a rightful cause
Is not shaken from his firm resolve
By the frenzy of his fellow citizens
Clamoring for what is wrong
Nor by the tyrants
Threatening countenance.

Profile
Deathstrike
21 years
I want to be remembered by my laugh

Friends
Mats08
Decaffein8d
Blleu
Klaypeene
Mighty
Psykik4
Yacel
Rumeyt
Princess Di

Places I Go
UP System
Friendster
Yahoo!
Inquirer
Philippine Star

Archives
July 2004 | August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | April 2005 |

Freedom Wall


Credits
Designed By Serena
Blogger
Blogskins

Catharsis

It's really a fun-filled night. The name itself literally means cleansing of the soul. This event, which is a night of soulful poetry and music, achieved more than its purpose. I believe the performances are great, considering there are a lot of new faces who went on the stage. Also, there were more people who came this year, even though there was no 'guest performer' like another King or Radioactive Sago Project who were invited for a fee during the previous years.

The first performers (aside form the KEM Choir who gave the doxology) were the UP KEM Applicants Batch 04-A who gave a very cute handmime. I think it's the first time I saw a handmime by the kemers, since I was late last year when I was supposed to be a part of the handmime group. Some notable perfomances for me were those of the duo who were Di's Pisay friends, the groups of Pol's friends and Kietly's friends, the children form Koine Foundation who gave a very good dance number, my batchmates Andrei who performed solo for a while, the KEM Band (syempre naman), the GE Club people, and some mor which I forgot already what they did onstage.

The night was also made alive by two KEMers who hosted the event. Lou, on one hand, is already used to host events this big, so I didn't really notice a big difference. It is Pol on the other hand, who made a very big improvement. I still remember him hosting some other activities before but it was only in this event that he mad such a hosting job.

All in all, I think this event was a huge success. The tasks were not easy for the Catharsis staff to do, but they did great! Many of the alumni and resident KEMers were present, as well the applicants who stayed to serve food and clean the mess after the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home